Opportunities are often described as moving things (objects, time, vehicles etc) we have the chance to obtain or join. Look at the following examples:
(Take advantage of the opportunity)
- Don’t let the opportunity get away.
- Just grab the chance while you can.
- Take the offer before they change their mind.
(It might escape)
- Don’t be left flat-footed.
(Too slow to take advantage of an opportunity.)
- He let the chance pass him by.
- If you wait too long to decide you’ll miss the boat.
- The offer is no longer on the table – I’m afraid the train has left the station.
- I hope all the staff will get on board with the new strategy.
- The early bird catches the worm!
Can you think of any other expressions like these? If so, please add them to the comments section.